1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zone Alarm again

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by johnrocks4u, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnrocks4u

johnrocks4u Thread Starter

Ok, this thing is driving me nuts. I put what I think is my ip address in the ZA firewall trusted zone, shut down the computer, started, and everything worked pretty good for 2 days, now it's back to the same old thing. Cannot resolve host and cs netscape could not be found.
    So it's back to deleting the cache from the compuserve organize file, the utilities cache, and the network adaptor files, and a reboot. This will allow me to log onto cs about 3x before I get the cannot resolve host message again. What am I doing wrong? Where should I be able to find my isp address? Or should I go get a different firewall system that will be more compatiable with compuserve? Heewee ru out there?
    thanks, John

emachine t3302, win.xp

2. hewee

hewee

3. escalader

escalader

Hi John:
    I'm an active user of ZA. I want to help you out but need more information from you.

What version of ZA are you using? Pro, free or suite?
    What other security software do you have actively running all the time? Av's ASW's?

On ZA try the following:
    Update product then:
    Check/change your settings:
    Firewall: Is your Lan Network in trusted zone? It should be there automatically? is it?
    Internet Zone Security: lower a notch to medium for a bit
    Lower Trusted Zone Security 1 notch
    Programs: Alter all the programs you use for access trust levels to ask? or Trusted if you do trust them?

Failing that I would uninstall the whole application, and then reinstall it from scratch let it use smart defense til it "learns" what you use and it all should be okay. It's just possible you have a corupted file here. So afer uninstall run all your Av's and ASW's. Run CCleaner or it's equivalent.

If that still fails register on ZA user forum ask the Question again and at the same time put in a ticket at ZA support.

I'd be very interested in your results after doing the above things!

Failing all that switch to a different firewall.

Regards

Escalader

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice