1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zone Alarm can't change settings and make them stick....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by x0099, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. x0099

x0099 Account Closed Thread Starter

I am trying in this application to have certain setting stick like under the privacy section having certain sites to accept cookies. Well I can do that but when I restart my computer the changes disappear and I have to redo them again. Does anyone know what is wrong?

How do I make the changes stick.

Running ZoneArlarmPro Version

2. hewee

hewee

Do not reboot your PC after you change any ZA setting because it will always use the backup of your setting on a reboot or bad shut down.
    So after making changes shut down your PC and then when you start the PC again your new setting will be there.
    Then you can with the Pro version make a backup of your setting.
    Go to Overview, Preferences tab and your see the backup button.

3. x0099

x0099 Account Closed Thread Starter

unfortunately I shut it down and everything but the settings didn't hold. I like the fact that I can make a backup but it doesn't solve the problem?

4. hewee

hewee

look here

http://wiki.castlecops.com/ZoneAlarm_FAQ

You can delete a program from the program control list and let it ask you again and see if that helps.
    You still need to shut down for it to remember.

How long have you used ZA?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/502921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice