Zone Alarm Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PJK

Banned
Hello,
Since I have downloaded Zone Alarm, I have to say, I am quite impressed, it has blocked a lot and has certainly blocked out a lot of viruses, because I havent picked up 1 yet since I got it. My problem is, since I got Zone Alarm (right now I am using the Pro until the trial runs out), I have noticed a lot of "Page Cannot Be Displayed" pages. When I find that page, I just go to ZA, click privacy, then go to the site list tab, add the site, then allow third party cookies, is that how I suppose to do it? Anyways, I tried this for eBay, and it isnt working. I can search stuff fine, but for some reason, when I click confirm bid, it says page cannot be displayed. It also happens when I try to visit http://www.thecardboardvillage.com , and when i try to add it, it says it cant find it. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks
Pat

http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-zonealarm-configure.html

The go to ZA, click privacy, then go to the site list tab, add the site, then allow third party cookies, etc part there is more for IE.
On the main tab you make the setting that effect all sites and then you can change things for each site in the "site list tab" If you use netscape or firefox then you do not have to worry about the site list tab.
Also some site have more thin one cookie so you have to set the cookie up right or give it other rights under the moblie code.

PJK

Banned
That didnt really help me, it still says page cannot be displayed. thanks

Well the page works just find. But I use netscape.

Ok just tried with IE and I get a blank page.
Then I click privacy, main tab, moblie code and clicked custom and clicked "reset to default'
I got into the page just find. You should clear the IE temp file. But close IE down and with ZA clear the IE temp and then try again.

Now take not that on you setting you make make in the privacy, main tab are will be the default for everything so if you want to change then just for a site you have to go to the site list.
Also note that some sites your have more then one listed under the site list.
Like MS Hotmail has 3 or more because of login, account, passport etc.

If you don't use IE then things get more easy as I do not have to worry about things under the privacy with netscape like you do with IE because of the added setting to deal with for IE.

Also any setting changes you make you will lose if you do a reboot or have a bad shut down because ZA has a backup of your setting and it will restore the backup so if you make changes make sure you shut down the PC.

PJK

Banned
Hey,
"You should clear the IE temp file. But close IE down and with ZA clear the IE temp and then try again."
-What do you mean by that statement? How do I close down IE and use ZA to clear IE temp files? Thanks

Pat

Just close IE down and the use ZA to clear the clear the IE temp.

Internet Explorer is IE so just close it down with the X in the upper right corner.
Now go to ZA, Select Privacy, Cache Cleaner tab.
Click on the custom button.
Your see another window pop up and it will have 3 tabs or mine has only 3 tabs so your being newer may have more.
But it has the "hard drive", "IE/MSN", "Netscape" on mine. Was saying it may have more because of firefox.
Anyhow look at each tab and check them out and put a check mark by what you want to clear with the "Cache Cleaner" or uncheck any that are not checked you do not want to clean with "Cache Cleaner"
Now ok your way out of each of the 3 tabs.
Also On IE and netscape click on the "select" button under cookies and you can move cookies over to the right side that you want to keep.

Now any time you click on the "Cache Cleaner" button it will clean out everything you had a checkmark on and cookies that are not in the keep side.

In ZA any window you at you can click the help in the upper right to get help for that part of ZA your looking at.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online