1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

zone alarm intrusions

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Kerri Ann, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

i just downloaded zone alarm, and the overview tab is showing that it has blocked 32 intrusions, 5 of them being high rated.
    this is with the default settings...
    is this normal? ive only been online for barely 5 minutes!

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

I have 7521 blocked intrusions, and 184 of them are rated as being high :D

Of course I've been on a little longer than 5 minutes :p

3. KeithKman

KeithKman

hmm...I dont like Zone Alarm because everything I try to do I have to uncheck on Zone Alarm...

Once a month I run SpyBot - search & destroy (scroll down to get dl link).

I also delete my cookies, internet files, and history once a day.

Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> delete cookies, delete files (select off-line content), clear history. Then click ok.

4. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

...an ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure...:cool:

5. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

i already have spybot s&d...
    i run it all the time and i currently have a clean bill of health...

6. KeithKman

KeithKman

hmm alright. Get your fans working?

7. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

well, after cleaning out the majority of the dust (this was done by using a fan to avert the flying dust clouds created by a small feather duster) and making sure the fans were spinning ok, the noise has gotten considerably quieter...
    thanx

8. RSM123

RSM123

I used to have Zone Alarm and got many reported intrusions though I gather most are benign, if any concern you read this :

Firewall attack reporting service} All of the various firewall applications out there work to detect and notify you of any suspicious activity on your Internet connection. The problem is that once you know about a potential attack, doing something about it might leave you scratching your head. myNetWatchman works with many different firewall utilities to report suspect activity to a central location. This can help to identify coordinated attacks across the Internet or against specific ISPs. The next step is to escalate this information to those that need to know about this activity

And the link here :

http://www.mynetwatchman.com/

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice