1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zone Alarm New Network IP wrong

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 4plus2, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Hello,

I was mucking with the internal IP addresses of my home network and as part of doing so I changed the routers default IP from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.0 but the router would not reboot so I closed the brower and reset the router using the little hidden reset button.

So now the router is back to its default internal IP address but Zone Alarm's firewall zone entry for "new network" still says 192.168.1.0 and Im sure thats why the our connection is blocked from time to time.
    Does anybody know how to correct the IP address of the active network?

Thanks in advance.

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi 4plus2,

I run ZA Free and in the Zone tab firewall entries display there are: Add, Remove, and Edit buttons. Have you tried the Edit button for new network?

-- Tom

3. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply unfortunately ZA does not allow you to edit or remove the active network.

4. hewee

hewee

Reboot the PC and it should use ZA back up file and your get the network setting you had before back.

5. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Have rebooted many times and the IP does not come right.
    I see 192.168.1.0 exists in the routers route table, should it?

6. hewee

hewee

I know I had a couple time had ZA start up and say new network found when really it was the same. I just had taken the router away and renewed I IP address and then when I put it back I got the new network found so I made a new one. Then I has two networks listed. Then late I looked and seen I was back using the older network I had and the new one I just made was gone. All I did was reboot or shut down and start the PC again.

If you have the Pro version you can make a backup. Don't know if you can on the free version.

Here are some links.

http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-zonealarm-configure.html

http://wiki.castlecops.com/ZoneAlarm_FAQ

7. JayT

JayT

Of course it does. Just highlight the entry for router and you can edit or remove it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/424011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice