Zone Alarm Pro quarantine?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Curly

I just recently purchased Zone Alarm Pro. I turned the Mail Safe setting on.

It "quarantined" a file that I wanted to receive. I can't find that file. Where is it stored?

Thanks

Curly

I turned off the Mail Safe setting on Zone Alarm, but attachments are still quarantined.

The problem must be with Outlook Express, but I can't figure out how to stop it

Miz

In Outlook Express, go to Tools>Options>Security tab and uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

I am using ZA Pro also and have not yet had it to quarantine anything so I would be interested to know where you found the file. I have an idea but was wondering if you would be so kind as to tell me where it was?

Curly

Turns out that it wasn't a problem with Zone Alarm at all--it was Outlook Express.

I still don't know where attachements are quarantined with Zone Alarm--I just bought Zone Alarm, so I'm not familiar with its quarantine process. So that's a question I can't answer.

I still have ZA Pro V2.6.362 as I prefer it over V3xx but if the two operate the same way in respect of the Mailsafe feature, ZA will notify you when you try to open or move an attachment which it has intercepted and changed its extension. You can then save it to the desktop or whatever folder you desire where you can scan it for viruses before deciding on what further action you wish to take.

I used to like zone alarm. I started using it when I bought my external v.92 zoom modem a while ago. Ever since then I had a problem where I would be on the net and it would appear that my isp server stopped responding and I would have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again. I had tried properly uninstalling zone alarm and properly reinstalling it and even using different version and nohting changed, so I assumed it wasn't the fire wall and instead was my modem. I just dealt with it for a long time.

Well I decided to kick zone alarm to the curb and use sygate personal firewall at http://soho.sygate.com/products/shield_ov.htm

To quickly sum it up; it works awesome and I like it a lot better than zone alarm.

Since I found that zone alarm caused my problem, I ending up fixing a lot of other problems (that I couldn't solve) on other computers by getting rid of zone alarm.

Sygate is a lot better.

flrman1,

When I had that happen, after I turned off this:

"In Outlook Express, go to Tools>Options>Security tab and uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus." - then I was able to open the attachment. If the email is still in your inbox, you should be able to open the email and then open the attchement. Or if the email is in your deleted messages, you can do it from there.

oh - I think I misread your post. I don't know where to find the quaranteened attachments in Zone Alarm. I thought the attachement was still with the email but it was a long time ago when I had that happen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online