Zone alarm set up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sifter

Hi
I have just purchased zone alarm after using Norton internet security , but im unsure how to set it up for the internet, Ive been on the help site. But most of the pages, when I engage with my mouse button ,zone alarm lets me continue. It trys to make no attempt to stop me from looking at what ever I want , so what I would like to know is what is the optimum settings for the Zone . I have ver 2.6.357. Also does zone alarm stop Pop ups if so it doesnt work for me.
If any one can advise me I would be much Gratefull

..........................Thx sifter..................

i asume your talking about zonelarm pro?
i have the freewar version,been using it for about a year,i think you will find everytime your pc try`s to access a site....eg: hotmail/tech-guy.......your za will pop up and ask for your permision to access this site.when you tick the box it wont ask again for that particular site.....after a while it just sits there and does its job in the background and a very good job it does.
i have my security settings LOCAL,medium & INTERNET,high....it seems to work ok with this.
and it wont stop the dreaded pop-ups but there are a variety of apps to do this for you "popupstopper" is a good one,just do a search for it.
hopw this helps you.

When you are surfing the net the only query you will get from Zone Alarm is at the outset when you activate Internet Explorer (you may not even get this if you have Internet Explorer allowed in ZA Programs).

ZA's purpose is to stop unauthorised external attempts to access your computer and also to prevent unauthorised attempts from within your computer to access the internet. Your visiting a website does not constitute an attempt from an external source to access your computer; however, if you were to download a file/program from a website using Download Accelerator, ZA would jump up and ask you whether you wished to allow DA to access the internet.

EDIT ZA will not stop pop-ups. To prevent these annoyances you need a program specially designed for this purpose, one of these being Pop-Up Stopper.

Hello, All

one thing to make sure of is to

Disallow server to IE both to

Local & Internet

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts