1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zone Alarm & "Unknown Process" -?-

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cwolfe98, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwolfe98

cwolfe98 Thread Starter

This has been going on for a few weeks now. I have downloaded a few screen savers & 1 program. (HTML Colorizer) -That's all-
    I keep getting a wired alert from Zone Alarm Pro. I get it every time I access the internet. I click on "no" and every thing seems ok. I did not click on "remember the answer each time...." b/c I do not know what this is. (Might need it?:confused:?) Nothing too earth shattering showed up on Ad-Aware.
    Anyways, I guess a pic might describe this better....

Attached Files:

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It looks like some kind of development tool to find the meaning of an "activex" error. Have you tried letting it go to see if it returns any information?

We could take a look at your Startuplog if you want to post it...

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

Just copy/paste the results of the Startuplog.txt file (not stubbpaths.txt) here.

And can you determine what ip it is attempting to connect to or receive a connection from?

4. cwolfe98

cwolfe98 Thread Starter

Shadow & RR,
    Thanks for the input. I think you both were heading in the right direction. I did not see anything wired in startup and could not find an IP it was/is trying to connect to. I think it might have something to do with the Vital Signs / Net Medic program. I attached another pic on this post an will attach pic #2 on next post. (Since you can only have 1 attachment to each post.)
    Whaddayathink?

Attached Files:

• za 1.jpg
      za 1.jpg
      File size:
      101.2 KB
      Views:
  5. cwolfe98

cwolfe98 Thread Starter

... and pic #2 ...

Attached Files:

• za 2.jpg
      za 2.jpg
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Views:
  6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

From the looks of what Net.Medic does, I'd say that's got to be what you are seeing there. It is interacting with their Net based reporting and analysis tools.

http://www.vitalsigns.com/products/nm/

7. cwolfe98

cwolfe98 Thread Starter

Yeah, I thought it might be that.
    I have had Net Medic for a long time (~2yrs) and ZA for about 6 months. However I have never had those wired unknown process errors till lately.
    Eh, oh well, I allowed internet access for them and no harm done.
    Thanks for the help. :D I sometimes get a little squirmish when the good ole puter wierds out on me. (Virus Phobia) ;)

8. hewee

hewee

I have the old Net.Medic before the new vitalsigns like you have came out.
    Will I was having troubles with What: Local router status and Who: First Local router. After every page would load my CPU would go all the way to 100%. Will it was really taking a big hit on my PC.
    I had only started using ZoneAlarm all the time after the code red came out so this trouble was new to me. What I had found out was that I had to log on and wait to see where it showes your ISP name to show up before I could start ZoneAlarm.
    Once I started wait to see my ISP name show up first and then open ZoneAlarm I never had any trouble.

Been using Net.Medic for 5 years and like it.
    So how you like the vitalsigns? Was thinking on putting it on the new PC.

9. cwolfe98

cwolfe98 Thread Starter

10. hewee

hewee

cwolfe98,

I think Vital Agent is the same as Net.Medic but you can't email to you trouble sites the info.
    Plus Vital Agent is made for highspeed internet and has some added info.

But I will be getting it because I know I will like it.

Thanks

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice