1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zone Alarm + Wireless Networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by abhiroopb, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhiroopb

abhiroopb Thread Starter

NB: I did not set-up the following scenario (i.e. network adapters, routers, etc.) so I don't really know how it all fits together, however it works.

The two computer I use:

1. Windows XP
    60GB
    Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
    512MB RAM
    Realtek Ethernet Card
    Broadband Connection

2. Apple MacBook Pro (pretty standard settings - 1GB RAM 100GB 2.0GHz core duo)

The windows is now running zone alarm and it is now that I can't connect to the internet on the mac.

Previously:

The windows had windows firewall running. It was connected (by USB 2.0) to a broadband modem and also (by ethernet lan) to a wireless router. I'm not to sure how the router was set-up but regardless the apple computer would connect to the linksys connection and be able to surf the web.

After installing zone alarm I am able to connec to linksys but not able to surf the web on my mac.

Please help as zone alarm is quite useful.

I have added the ip address of the mac to zone alarm so the alert doesn't come up anymore when i try to use the mac but it still doesn't connect to the internet.

2. s0ldi3r

s0ldi3r

Well you need to go into the option in zone alarm : Firewall
    2. Click on Advanced down the bottom
    3. On the main computer you use check the box : this computer is a ICS/NAT gateway then click ok.
    4. On the other computer ( if it has zone alarm do this ) check the box that is just above the one I said

You may have to switch your licence from free to the pro trial to enter those settings though I'm not 100% sure

That should solve your problem cause it solved my one, but then my network isn't wireless so good luck with solving it (y)

:cool:

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would think it better to change the setup if possible
    connect the modem to the router and then the PC's to the router - that way they are not reliant on one PC acting as a router, and should get a much better performance
    need make and models of all the equipment to see if that is possible, also are you using the wireless at all if so on what

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!