1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ZoneAlarm config

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sinsation, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sinsation

sinsation Thread Starter

I just installed the latest zonealarm and something's buggin' me.

How do I allow website access? Whenever I try to view a page, it gets blocked and my aol connection ends up terminated. =/

2. BillC

BillC

What does the "blocking message" say?

You probably need to add your DNS and DHCP to your 'Trusted' zone in your firewall panel.

3. sinsation

sinsation Thread Starter

Ok, I got it. I set zone alarm to show all alerts and relogged into the 'net, and clicked "yes" to allow aol. I had it set to not show alerts before.

4. BillC

BillC

Great...I'm pleased it worked out for you. Zone Alarm is one of the best firewalls around but also has a learning curve to understand how it should be configured for your use. :)

5. sinsation

sinsation Thread Starter

Thank you. =]

Another question, if you don't mind.
    I set windows explorer to ask upon connection (being it's usually for hard drive browsing, right?), internet explorer is set to allow connection.. but when I try to connect to a site it asks for window explorer permission rather than just allowing it through ie. Do you know why this is?

6. BillC

BillC

Good Day,

Concerning the Windows Explorer question, there is a problem in some windows installations where IE opens in a Windows explorer shell. To look at it you cannot tell the difference, but it shows up as windows explorer running.

I've seen this question on other forums and exactly why some Windows installations act this way is above my technical understanding. However,I think your security will not be compromised if you grant internet access. :)

7. sinsation

sinsation Thread Starter

Thank you again. =]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice