1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ZoneAlarm: Configuring Network

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by kev269, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kev269

kev269 Thread Starter

Hi,

First of all, my computer is the main gateway for access to the internet and I have one other computer which uses my internet and is locally networked with my computer. The other computer's IP address ranges between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.255.

I just installed ZoneAlarm Security Suite and when I first ran it, it asked me to allow a network and I added it into the internet zone. It had the IP address as 192.168.0.0, so I assumed this was the local network. But even though I allowed this, the other computer can't connect to my network nor get internet access from my computer. I have also checked the 'This computer is an ICS gateway' option, yet the network still doesn't seem to work and I also have an IP range between 192.168.0.0 and 192.168.0.255 in the internet zones section of the firewall.

I also have Windows Live Messenger at Super Trusted Level, yet it still doesn't connect...

Could someone please tell me why it doesn't work?

Thanks for your help.

2. kev269

kev269 Thread Starter

3. hewee

hewee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/505581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice