1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ZoneAlarm Problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by AbvAvgUser, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

My PC Config:
    Pentium IV 1.5 MHz, 845 Motherboard, 40 GB Hard Disk, 128 MB RAM, AGP 32 MB Display Card, 17" Samsung Monitor, DLink 33.6 KBPS External Modem.

I have recently installed ZoneAlarm 3.1.395. After installation, my internet connection (dial up) has gone for a toss. Its so slow that its almost dead.

Even after disabling it, I have to restart my machine twice to ensure that my connection is normal. I tried to troubleshoot using its inbuilt help, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestion to restore my system back to normal?

2. sinsation

sinsation

In zone alarm, go into the alerts & logs section > main, and see if "show all alerts" is checked.. it may be trying to block your 'net connection.. you have to click "yes" to allow it on popup.

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

Didn't help :(.

Any other suggestion?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice