1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ZoneAlarm set to block Ireike.exe

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Viji R, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viji R

Viji R Thread Starter

I run XP Pro and Zone Alarm Pro (which I recently installed) It began notifying me that a program called Ireike.exe was connecting to the web. So, I set ZoneAlarm to block that. When I look at the logs, I notice that this program tries to get onto the net about once every 2 or 3 minutes. What does this program do and is it important for it to reach the Net ? So far I have not had any problems with anything on my computer, so I guess it must be ok for this program not to reach the Net. But what I would like to know is what it does, and why is it on my computer in the first place ? Has it got anything to do with a VPN Client I tried to install earlier ( Watchguard VPN Mobile Client ) which I now do not use.

By the way it could either be Irelke or Ireike - it is hard to make out which one it os with the font displayed on Zone Alarm. But Zone Alam reports it to be a Service Application.

Any info will be helpful. Thanks.

Viji Rajasundram

2. e-liam

e-liam

Hi Viji, and welcome to TSG.. :)

You're quite right, it is part of the VPN client.

See here for more info.

Cheers

Liam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!