1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zonebac.B

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cacfai, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cacfai

cacfai Thread Starter

A few days ago, I got a pop-up from Windows Defender saying it had detected the trojan "Backdoor:Win32/Zonebac.B". Not knowing what it was, I quarantined it, thinking that would be enough action for the moment, but the next morning, WD ran its daily scan and again said it found "Backdoor:Win32/Zonebac.B". I deleted it this time, but the next day, same thing.

After that, I rebooted into safe mode, ran every piece of anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware software on my computer, but none of them detected anything, not even Windows Defender. I deleted cookies, temp internet files, history, etc, and booted my computer back up. All was well until the next morning when WD was running its daily scan and again reported finding the same trojan.

Also, a few weeks ago, anytime I would restart my computer, when I tried to open AVG anti-virus, it would tell me that Windows couldn't find the file, so I was having to reinstall it daily. That eventually stopped on its own, but now this mess has started. Aside from that, I haven't really noticed my computer acting any differently than normal. Startup usually takes between 9 - 20 minutes, but that's been ongoing for about a year.

I've attached my HJT log. Google has been no help, thus far, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ETA: I also noticed this whataboutadog.com in my Trusted Sites, so I Google'd it and found the tool FindAWF.exe. I ran it, and have now attached its log as well.

Attached Files:

• hjt.txt
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
    • awf.txt
      File size:
      5.6 KB
      Views:
  2. cacfai

cacfai Thread Starter

...bump?

I'm not trying to be obnoxious here, but I'm on the verge of reformatting, which I really did not want to have to do.

Please help. =/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice