1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zoom 3G Wireless-N Desktop Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by C0LLEEN, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. C0LLEEN

C0LLEEN Thread Starter

Hi

Im currently using a Zoom 3G Wireless-N Router with a MF112 Mobile Broadband Dongle on the 3 Network.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31v7Dpbi9eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ive been using this setup for over a year now and have had no issues.

I have 3 appliances that are sharing the wireless internet connection.

Iphone - Xbox360 and a Windows 7 Netbook

Yesterday i found that i couldn't establish an internet connection, i had connection to the zoom 3g router but no internet access.

To my great delight my iphone also refuses to right me internet access. A connection to the router is obtained but just no internet.

My partners Xbox 360 though has no problem accessing Xbox Live :confused:

i just dont get it.

Also whilst a connection is established to the router over my Acer aspire one Nbook. my small Gmail/Gtalk icon in the system tray suggests that im online and available. and can interact with contacts.

While this confuses me i fire up either Chrome or Fox and wait for my google.co.uk search homepage to appear in which it doesnt. if i load up a Bookmark like say Filehippo. it loads but the webpage is missing icons and its graphical interface.

I tried resetting the routers settings. rebooting my Iphone and Nbook.... Turning off the Xbox360 and then trying to see if i can obtain internet access. Nothing i try seems to solve this annoying issue. its driving me mad.

i havent installed / updated or accidental removed anything that could have caused this.

Ive had a situation in the past where a router connection is present but no internet access resulting in some sort of DNS issue i think.

But when the iphone doesnt establish internet access but the XBOX 360 will. thats just a pain in the a$$.

im suspecting that the router is at fault. there must be something that it isnt supplying the Nbook and Iphone with but is the 360. I dont know. :(

Please i hope someone can come up with a solution other than run a virus scan.

thanks in advance

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Let's start with the Windows 7.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping 8.8.8.8

ping yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

3. C0LLEEN

C0LLEEN Thread Starter

irrelevant information

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You have internet access and DNS is (at least partially) working.

You can try using a free Public DNS server. Otherwise, maybe there is a problem with your firewall or security suite or with an add-on used with all your browsers.

5. C0LLEEN

C0LLEEN Thread Starter

Solved. :)

I asked the same question on a different forum and it turned out that the issue affecting was an IP address conflict.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page or just below the last post.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice