Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoom camera

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  conrail 
#1 ·
thanks to this forum for help with my zoom query, now a friend has a query so hope you can help, she runs windows 10 home with zoom, she is not sure of laptop make because it belongs to and was provided by a group she is secretary to, she can hear and be heard on zoom but not seen, I have tried to help her by advising her to uninstall and reistalling zoom from here, https://zoom.us/support/download , still no picture, I have advised her to search for her camera and go into app settings and to see if camera is on, below is what she has sent me, which is the same as mine, then advised checking device manager, click on camera settings and uninstall her camera and restart her laptop which she says she has done but still no picture, all advise to help her would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
thank you Colin, should have said and sorry I missed it off but I was at a zoom meeting with her last Monday and kept messaging her to try to get her on camera, discussed in messages about the camera and speaker options at the bottom left of the screen, she said she didn't have the camera option at all, appologies again for the omission

#6 ·
Go into the Camera app itself and make sure you get a picture. If you don't get a picture here then the camera will need to be looked at.

Make sure that the laptop doesn't have the slider for the camera is set to block the camera.

Or make it simple on you and purchase a webcam. They are not that expensive unless you want a ultra 4K superdupa one.

#8 ·
thanks guys, received this email today regarding -

• Select Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera. In Allow access to the camera on this device, select Change and make sure Camera access for this device is turned on.
  • Then, allow apps access to your camera. In Camera settings, go to Allow apps to access your camera and make sure it's turned on.
reply from friend -

Thanks Harry, I've checked the list and Zoom isn't on it, any idea how to do that please?

#10 ·
OK, the question I have is that is Zoom even installed? I know that you can access meetings without a zoom account and app, and I am wondering if the computer doesn't have it. In order to get to the settings in Zoom itself, you need to be signed in. So let's confirm:

Does the user have a Zoom Account? If not - they can create a free one.
Has the user installed Zoom app? If not - have them install it. Note, if they are getting zoom links, this doesn't install the software on the computer, just a temporary one that is used for that session.

If the answers are yes for the above, check the settings: Click on your icon on the top right (maybe initials) and click Settings:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Multimedia

Check what is says for Camera. It should say integrated camera for the built in one. As you can see I have a black screen. This is intentional as I have my shutter closed.

Did the user check the Camera app itself? This will confirm if the camera is working. If it doesn't work here, then we need to investigate the camera and make sure there is no camera shutter enabled.

And lastly: Has this camera ever worked? You mention that it's from their work/support team so the question is, has it ever worked at all?

Attachments

#12 ·
OK, the question I have is that is Zoom even installed? I know that you can access meetings without a zoom account and app, and I am wondering if the computer doesn't have it. In order to get to the settings in Zoom itself, you need to be signed in. So let's confirm:

Has the user installed Zoom app? If not - have them install it. Note, if they are getting zoom links, this doesn't install the software on the computer, just a temporary one that is used for that session.

If the answers are yes for the above, check the settings: Click on your icon on the top right (maybe initials) and click Settings:

View attachment 287022

Check what is says for Camera. It should say integrated camera for the built in one. As you can see I have a black screen. This is intentional as I have my shutter closed.

Did the user check the Camera app itself? This will confirm if the camera is working. If it doesn't work here, then we need to investigate the camera and make sure there is no camera shutter enabled.

And lastly: Has this camera ever worked? You mention that it's from their work/support team so the question is, has it ever worked at all?
thank you Curiant

View attachment 287022

View attachment 287022

thank you Couriant, she attended a zoom meeting earlier on in the week with audio only, no camera icon, I have advised to to unistall zoom and reinstall it, also to go into device manager and unistall the camera, and restart her laptop

#11 ·
Maybe it is best to go back to the beginning and check the basics.

1. Check if the camera works by using the Windows 10 Camera app
a. In the search bar enter: camera
b. Select the Camera App

Azure Rectangle Operating system Font Line

2. The Camera App loads. You should see yourself. (Note I have blocked the camera here on purpose.)

Rectangle Font Electronic device Screenshot Multimedia

3. If that works then check to see if the Zoom app is installed.
a. Go to Settings > Apps.
b. Scroll down to bottom of Apps & features
c. The Zoom app should be there

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Operating system

4. If the Zoom app is not there then install it
a. Go to the web page https://zoom.us/download (or appropriate country)
b. Select Download
c. Run the zoominstaller.exe

Note Zoom is updated often so it is best to update it as required

Product Azure Rectangle Font Operating system

#14 ·
Hi guys, just had a zoom meeting with friend, no camera on her part, as we tried all your suggestions, still no luck so she is dropping her laptop off to me next week so I can have a go, so set a shortcut to this page to help me as I have a look, I will keep you updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.