Zoom for Word

kramerica

Hi all

I’m using Word 2013 and occasionally whenever reopening a document, the slider switch (near the time display) adjusts itself. Does anyone know the secret to locking it in at a preferred scale?

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about document Zoom at lower right. By default it is 100%. If you change the zoom during edit, close the document and reload it the zoom will be at the previous level.

For example suppose you change the zoom to 50% and close the document. If you open any document after that the zoom will still be at 50%. To avoid this make sure the zoom is at 100% when you close a document.

Change zoom using zoom slide
a. Use mouse to adjust zoom to center (~100%)

Change zoom using ribbon
a. View > Zoom Group > 100%
b. View > Zoom Group > Zoom > Zoom to 100%

kramerica

Hi MrEd

I am aware of how to change the zoom setting (what you described is what I already know); but as mentioned in my initial request - Does anyone know the secret to locking the new configuration? (in other words-how to prevent Word from playing Big Brother?)

Hi MrEd
I am aware of how to change the zoom setting (what you described is what I already know); but as mentioned in my initial request - Does anyone know the secret to locking the new configuration? (in other words-how to prevent Word from playing Big Brother?)
As far as I know this "problem" has plagued Word for a long time. People have been complaining about it since at least as far back as Word 2010.

The only solution I have found is to create macros and save them in the default word template normal.dotm.

This macro always opens an existing document at 100%
Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.View.Type = 3 'print layout
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End Sub

This macro always opens a new document at 100%
Sub AutoNew()
End Sub

I have tested these two macros and they seemed to work so far.

Windows 7: Word 2010: how do I change default viewing zoom of document?

Microsoft Word: Adding Macros the Normal Template[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Attachments

kramerica

As far as I know this "problem" has plagued Word for a long time. People have been complaining about it since at least as far back as Word 2010.

The only solution I have found is to create macros and save them in the default word template normal.dotm.

This macro always opens an existing document at 100%
Sub AutoOpen()
End Sub

This macro always opens a new document at 100%
Sub AutoNew()
End Sub

I have tested these two macros and they seemed to work so far.

Windows 7: Word 2010: how do I change default viewing zoom of document?

Microsoft Word: Adding Macros the Normal Template
Thanks for the extra info MrEd - I'm not so tech savvy and have a mental disability - it's good to know that there is a hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online