Solved ZOOM virtual background option not available

bj nick

(Dell Windows 10 laptop.) The "virtual background" gives me a message every time I try to use a virtual background: "A solid color video background is required. Green color is preferred." By default 'I have a green screen" is checked. If I uncheck it, it says "your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for using this feature without a green screen." Their info is confusing and unhelpful, researching it hasn't helped. My laptop is relatively new, up to date, etc.......any ideas?

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Are you the controller for the Zoom ?
Does your laptop meet these requirements ?

Last edited:

bj nick

I do not have the Zoom Rooms Controller app.....is that like a plug-in? Usually I'm the one setting the meeting, but not always. Does Zoom Rooms just enable that option, or does it assume I'm running the meeting? Obviously this would be fine with my tutoring, as I'm the "admin."

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
So far, I only have participated in a Zoom.
I know that top center is the controller and he is in front of a green screen.
That is a picture of his backyard in the background
And he uses a laptop.Clipboard.jpg

Last edited:

bj nick

I registered for a free "Master Zoom Webinar" for today, and it specifically mentions "virtual backgrounds" as one of the topics.....I'll report back after the meeting.

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
I'm waiting on an Email about the Rooms Controller app and green screen.

bj nick

Okay, so the guy says "Your computer doesn't meet the requirements" means just that, and check their support page. Under requirements on the support page, it says "4th generation i7 quadcore or higher." Mine says (under system information: i5-72000 CPU @2.50 ghz, 2701 mhz..." So I'm SOL? I don't know this stuff.....

bj nick

I'm marking this resolved even though it sort of isn't. I just bought an inexpensive green screen on Amazon.....tired of messing around with this. I have an up-to-date Dell which should be fine for literally anything; to heck with them and their "doesn't meet the requirements," as if it's Windows XP or something (grumble, grumble.....)

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
I've been looking at Green Screens on Amazon .... Which one did you get ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online