Zoombrowser problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Try:
First open ZoomBrowser > plug-in your memory card (or the card reader) or the camera itself using the USB cable > click on ZoomBrowser's "Camera & Memory Card" (under Tasks on the left-hand side.

This should bring up your images from the memory card.

I'm guessing that at some time (maybe previously) when you plugged a memory card (or the camera) you chose to "always" upload to a different location.

scastig

Thanks. However, I have already done as you say. I few photos currently on the camera's memory card do appear. However, when I try to upload photos from My Pictures to the memory card, it doesn't work. I tried to avoid Zoombrowser, as someone else suggested, and simply try to drag photos from My Pictures to the screen with the photos on the memory card..but this also did not work. If your idea that I have chosen "always' to another location is accurate, can you tell me how to change that? With appreciation, as always. [email protected]

I doubt your issue is because you chose to always download to another location.

You said, "a few photos currently on the camera's memory card do appear." To me, that means it does work. Are you saying that only some of the pictures on the memory card are loading to ZoomBrowser, but not all of them?

You confused me when you said you tried to load [existing I assume] photos from My Pictures onto the memory card. I thought the photos were on the memory card and you wanted to put them on your PC, not put photos already on the PC onto the memory card. You also lost me when you say that you tried "to drag photos from My Pictures (to the screen with the photos) on the memory card".

Try opening My Computer and clicking on the memory card to open the window, but keep the window small. Then open either My Pictures, or ZoomBrowser, and keep that window small also. You'll now have two windows open. You should be able to drag images between the two open windows you see on your monitor.

scastig

thanks again. I guess my language is not clear. Yes, I am trying to transfer photos from my computer to the memory card in the camera so I can display them on a photo display device, which uses a memory card. The photos that are existing on the memory card are ones I want to keep on the card, so I am trying to add additional photos to the card. And, I have tried the dragging method with the two windows made smaller. This method avoids Zoombrowser altogether. However, I still could not get the photos to transfer. Any other ideas? Much appreciation.
[email protected]

If you are keeping the memory card inside the camera and cabling between the camera and the PC I suspect the camera is preventing you from adding images to the card. However, I'll bet that if the memory card was not inside the camera, but instead connected to the PC directly, or connected by using a card reader, then you could do the drag method...and add whatever images or files you wished to the memory card.

I think the camera's circuitry is designed only to be able to add images to the memory card that it (the camera) takes (when the card is inside the camera). I strongly suspect that Canon feels there's really no reason to load images from another source (e.g. PC) into the memory card when the memory card is still in the camera. The camera is to be used as a camera with memory to save the images it takes, not a means (or device) that can be used to add images/files to the memory card from another source (e.g. PC).

I think the camera is preventing you from accomplishing what you are trying to do. I think you'll find that using the memory card plugged directly into the PC (if you have a card reader on your PC) or using a card reader (that plugs into the PC's USB port) will solve your problem.

scastig

Your reply makes a lot of sense. Thank you. I could not find anything in my Canon (Power Shot A630) User Guide about transferring photos from pc to camera memory card, so likely you are correct. I now need to find out what to do to get a memory card reader to use in my pc. Any recommendations?
Your help was much appreciated.

Your reply makes a lot of sense. Thank you. I could not find anything in my Canon (Power Shot A630) User Guide about transferring photos from pc to camera memory card, so likely you are correct. I now need to find out what to do to get a memory card reader to use in my pc. Any recommendations?
Your help was much appreciated.
Drop by any store that carries [even limited] computer stuff (e.g. Best Buy, Frye's, Office Depot, Office Max, etc.) and they will have a card reader for your memory card. They're cheap.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online