Solved Zorin OS Entering Emergency Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AbdulWahab321

after my system got hang and shutdown then when I started my computer it says /dev/sda2 recovering journal and other many things... then at last is says "you are in emergency mode. After logging in type "journalctl -xb" to view system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot "systemctl default" or "exit" to boot into default mode.
Press Enter for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue):"

Please Help Me🙏🙏🙏🙏🥺🥺🥺

Last edited:

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
During your last shutdown process the filesystem got corrupted. Linux comes with an advance filesystem which can recover fs from logs in journal. That is what happened. Now, when the fs is recovered you can simply type exit and reboot the system it should start normally. If still it shows problem them plz share a screenshot.

AbdulWahab321

During your last shutdown process the filesystem got corrupted. Linux comes with an advance filesystem which can recover fs from logs in journal. That is what happened. Now, when the fs is recovered you can simply type exit and reboot the system it should start normally. If still it shows problem them plz share a screenshot.
Yeah I tried But it doesn't It shows the same

AbdulWahab321

And also it doesn't recover it just stop there and It is like this..

Attachments

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
Check if device IDs are changed on your machine. It seems disk uuid are changed and system is not able to load. Ensure /etc/fstab has correct entries for boot.

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
Type

ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid

This will show uuids for each of your disks then compare with entries in fstab.

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
Be careful when you run commands suggested by other users. If you mistype something then that could easily destroy your data. As system is in root mode by default during recovery you need to be extra careful.

Entries in fstab seems correct and your / file system is on /dev/sda2. Running a manual file system check on the partition that contains your linux system should fix the problem.

Run the following command

fsck -y /dev/sda2

After it finishes type exit and reboot your system it should now return to normal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.