Solved Zorin OS Entering Emergency Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AbdulWahab321

I have another OS in the same Computer but I think it is on another partition so is it ok to run this command in that OS; The OS is Linux mint cinnamon

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
Yes you can try that. Just ensures that you enter the correct partition number when you run fsck.

AbdulWahab321

I am sorry I could'nt chat with you because it is saying "You have reached the maximum number of new posts allowed to be created in a 24 hour period."
Sorry
And I reinstalled zorin OS And A lot thanks for trying to help me..
Thank you..:giggle:

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
I am sorry I could'nt chat with you because it is saying "You have reached the maximum number of new posts allowed to be created in a 24 hour period."
Sorry
And I reinstalled zorin OS And A lot thanks for trying to help me..
Thank you..:giggle:
Nothing is as pristine as a new install.. 😀😀👍👍

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
In future whenever the system gets stuck you can still press CTRL + ALT + F2 to go to terminal and run 'sync' command. That synchronises hdds and can save a lot of pain and frustration.

A better option is to activate SYSRQ on your linux machine. SYSRQ allows you to talk to the kernal directly and bypasses the OS which is anyways not responding. You can sync, umount disks, close apps, and reboot your system safely all from SYSYRQ. As the kernel is talking to the hardware directly it doesn't matter how heavily the system is hanged.

Search google for 'REISUB in Linux'. SYSRQ is mapped to 'PRINT SCRN' button on your keyboard. You could also see SYSRQ written on printscrn key.

It is also called raising the elephant on linux.. 😀

The first thing I do after installing any linux OS is to activate SYSRQ functionality.

I hope it helps. 👍👍

Last edited:

AbdulWahab321

Tha
In future whenever the system gets stuck you can still press CTRL + ALT + F2 to go to terminal and run 'sync' command. That synchronises hdds and can save a lot of pain and frustration.

A better option is to activate SYSRQ on your linux machine. SYSRQ allows you to talk to the kernal directly and bypasses the OS which is anyways not responding. You can sync, umount disks, close apps, and reboot your system safely all from SYSYRQ. As the kernel is talking to the hardware directly it doesn't matter how heavily the system is hanged.

Search google for 'REISUB in Linux'. SYSRQ is mapped to 'PRINT SCRN' button on your keyboard. You could also see SYSRQ written on printscrn key.

It is also called raising the elephant on linux.. 😀

The first thing I do after installing any linux OS is to activate SYSRQ functionality.

I hope it helps. 👍👍
Thank yoy
God Bless you..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online