Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorin OS Entering Emergency Mode

Solved 
3K views 22 replies 2 participants last post by  AbdulWahab321 
#1 · (Edited)
after my system got hang and shutdown then when I started my computer it says /dev/sda2 recovering journal and other many things... then at last is says "you are in emergency mode. After logging in type "journalctl -xb" to view system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot "systemctl default" or "exit" to boot into default mode.
Press Enter for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue):"

Please Help Me🙏🙏🙏🙏🥺🥺🥺

#2 ·
During your last shutdown process the filesystem got corrupted. Linux comes with an advance filesystem which can recover fs from logs in journal. That is what happened. Now, when the fs is recovered you can simply type exit and reboot the system it should start normally. If still it shows problem them plz share a screenshot.

#13 ·
Be careful when you run commands suggested by other users. If you mistype something then that could easily destroy your data. As system is in root mode by default during recovery you need to be extra careful.

Entries in fstab seems correct and your / file system is on /dev/sda2. Running a manual file system check on the partition that contains your linux system should fix the problem.

Run the following command

fsck -y /dev/sda2

After it finishes type exit and reboot your system it should now return to normal.

#22 · (Edited)
In future whenever the system gets stuck you can still press CTRL + ALT + F2 to go to terminal and run 'sync' command. That synchronises hdds and can save a lot of pain and frustration.

A better option is to activate SYSRQ on your linux machine. SYSRQ allows you to talk to the kernal directly and bypasses the OS which is anyways not responding. You can sync, umount disks, close apps, and reboot your system safely all from SYSYRQ. As the kernel is talking to the hardware directly it doesn't matter how heavily the system is hanged.

Search google for 'REISUB in Linux'. SYSRQ is mapped to 'PRINT SCRN' button on your keyboard. You could also see SYSRQ written on printscrn key.

It is also called raising the elephant on linux.. 😀

The first thing I do after installing any linux OS is to activate SYSRQ functionality.

I hope it helps. 👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.