1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zotac GTX280 AMP not working on AsRock M3A78GXH/128M

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by prankie, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prankie

prankie Thread Starter

Hi, I recently assembled my rig.. my system's configuration is:
    AMD Phenom II X2 550BE
    AsRock M3A785GXH/128M
    Cooler Master 550 Real Power Pro Power supply
    Zotac GTX280 Amp Edition Graphics card
    2GB Kingston DDR3 RAM

The problem is that my graphics card doesn't display anything when its plugged in! The display comes from the default onboard unit. The card gets powered ON (Green light), Fan also starts but there is no display from it.
    But when I put my friend's ATI card or his Nvidia 9600GT it runs flawlessly!
    I enquired abt the prob in AsRock User forum and also sent email to AsRock tech team (which they haven't replied). From the forum I found out that the problem is with BIOS (some system compatibility issues) and ASROCK might provide me with a custom BIOS, which I doubt.. So is there any way I can run my GTX280 on this motherboard..? btw, GTX280 is fine since it works on my other rig with same power supply having ASUS board..
    Please help?

2. prankie

prankie Thread Starter

**BUMP**
    I'm in serious trouble.. runnin computer without gfx card.. plz help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice