1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

zune 1124 installation

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mystmaiden, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mystmaiden

mystmaiden Thread Starter

My friend just gave me her zune but I use linux so I've had to install windows in virtualbox. Problem is I've downloaded the zune software but its not working. I run the first exe, then it gives a pop up saying it needs to download something else but errors out instead of loading properly. Anyone else run into this? Or would someone happen to know where I can get the right software for the zune 1124? I wonder if its possible to pull it off her machine?

thanks in advance,

mystmaiden

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It might help if you linked to the software you're trying to install and provide a complete description of the error.

3. mystmaiden

mystmaiden Thread Starter

Sorry, of course you're correct. Since I posted I've made some progress but not enough to be wholly effective. I just kept trying to install the zune software in virtualbox until it finally did install whereupon I found another difficulty. The zune software doesn't see the device. At the bottom of the screen under 'usb' the zune is there but the software says to connect a device.
    I'm running Lucid Ubuntu as OS. Virtualbox with Windows Xp.

4. ZWard

ZWard

Most likely an issue running through the virtual box. Zune is very restricted by Microsoft, *Rolls eye at word*, and they have no downloads for it outside of windows. Like I said, A virtual box is not truly windows and may be causing issues between the USB Port and the VB.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

VirtualBox is virtualization software, and you can run a very "true" Windows installation in it.

The problem here seems to be getting VirtualBox to pass through the USB connection to the Zune. I don't have VirtualBox installed under Linux so I can't tell you exactly what to check, but look for the USB settings. Is there an option to pass the connection to the Zune from the host system to the guest system?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice