1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zune Software Refuses to Run.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Khadrimx, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khadrimx

Khadrimx Thread Starter

I have had a Zune for nearly 2 years now, and I love it to pieces, I wouldn't change MP3 players unless I absolutely had to, that being said, I would like to strangle whoever built the software for it.

I'm trying to run the software on an HP, which is probably my first problem, I've never had a reliable HP. I don't know much about this computer, since it's now my own. Now, for a year the software was running just fine until... this morning, naturally after my computer has crashed, I didn't think to back up my music since I thought... I have a Zune, I can just pull the music off of it onto the computer anyway, so why waste a DVDR? I go to open the program and the interface doesn't pop up at all. It merely comes up with an error that says "Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down" then gives me the option to send an error report. When I click to view the error report it's a very long and incomprehensible string of numbers and letters that make no sense to me or anyone who speaks English I'm sure.

In the Zune forums, everyone keeps telling me that this is a DRM related problem, but I've followed all those steps and it's made ABSOLUTELY no difference, which I figured it wouldn't since it's not a marketplace problem.

Now someone on the Zune forums said that they fixed this problem by dowloading the .Net framework 2.0... that being said, I already have that on this computer, but when I downloaded it to try and "repair" it, it said I couldn't, because it couldn't replace some file since it was being used. I could get the actual error again if I need to.

This is not a dire problem, merely more of an annoyance with bad timing, anyone have any ideas?

And do me a favor, don't just respond with some quip about Zune's being useless, that's not helpful to the situation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice