1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zune won't install, need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pinkyjules, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pinkyjules

pinkyjules Thread Starter

hi, i am looking for help. i am on window vista home basic. i have recently bought a windows phone and have to have Zune on my pc in order to recieve updates. When i try to install Zune i keep getting the message 'Setup must stop because the required package 'Zune' didn't install' followed by error code 0x8007005. I have tried many sites including chatting to some one on microsoft and i'm still at square one. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you

2. BigTobster

BigTobster

Are all service packs and other updates up to date?
    Have you tried with security disabled?
    What have you tried?

3. pinkyjules

Thanks for replying. Every thing is up to date, i have checked. I have tried many suggestions from downloading in safe mode, downloading as a guest instead of the administrator and a cc clean up. I haven't tried disabling the security though, i have norton, what would i have to do?

4. BigTobster

BigTobster

Open up Norton and find the "Disable" button or similar.
    I can't give you exact instructions without your version of Norton. A simple google should find what you need though.

5. pinkyjules

hi, i just tried that, keep getting the same error code, any other suggestions?

6. BigTobster

BigTobster

Try this:

In Windows Vista: Click Start, type C:\Program Files\Zune in the Start Search box, and then press Enter on your keyboard.

Note: "C:\Program Files" is the default location for the Zune Music + Video software. If you installed the Zune software in a different location, type that location.

From the Zune window, locate and delete the ZuneReboot.bin file.

Download and reinstall the Zune software.

Ref: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/zune/software/installation-errors

7. pinkyjules

Have already tried everything on that site, even chatted to them online. Zune isn't in any program files

8. BigTobster

BigTobster

My initial idea would be to try a new User Profile.
    This might be worth a go but others have tried this and failed. The only solution seems to be OS reinstall/upgrade. Which seems, frankly, extraordinary.

Either go with one of those suggestions or see if another TechGuy can help you here. I'm afraid I have nothing further to add :(

9. pinkyjules

OK, thanks for trying to help

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!