1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ZyWall USG20 Multiple static IPs

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gringomat, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gringomat

gringomat Thread Starter

Hey guys

I came across this board while desperately looking for advice on a networking issue, hope you guys can help me out or point me in the right direction.

I've got a server that is connected to the network through one physical ethernet adapter. From my ISP, I got 4 static, public IP adresses, one of which is in use on the Host-Server itself, the remaining three each on a virtualized server. All 4 Servers are running on the same machine.

Everything is running smoothly, however, I need to do some Bandwidth Management and Port Mapping, this is why I bought a ZyWall USG20, thinking it would be perfectly capable of doing what I need. When I tried to set-up everything earlier, it turned out to be a little more difficult than I had hoped [​IMG]

So here's my question to you pro's: is it possible, with a ZyWall USG20, to have all my four IP adresses being forwarded to the one physical machine, and apply some bandwith shaping and port mapping to it?

Let me know if you need further details about my set-up in order to give a response. Thanks for any input in advance, much appreciated!

2. gringomat

gringomat Thread Starter

I've been browsing the control panel of the ZyWall USG20 for a while now and I suppose port mapping and BWM are very feasible once the network is properly set-up.

However, I can't get the network running and need some help doing so.
    Check out the attached Image, this is what I need to do:

I've got 4 public and static IP's which I'd like to assign to the host-Server and each of the three vServer respectively. So basically, as a first step, I'd like the ZyWall to just let through all of those 4 IP's and forward them to the LAN1 port, on which the server is connected (marked A in the image). It works when I assign one stattic IP (193.xxx.xxx.19) to the WAN Interface of the Zywall, and let the server just get his IP assigned automatically through DHCP. This is not what I'm trying to do though, I'd like all of the 4 Servers to have their proper public IP adresses.

However, the ZyWall only let's me assign one static IP for the WAN Interface. I tried several things, Virtual Interfaces and stuff, but my knowledge of networking is just too limited. Looking through the huge Manual didn't point me in a direction either. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

3. gringomat

gringomat Thread Starter

Anyone? :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice