1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zyxel Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Register3D, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Register3D

Register3D Thread Starter

Ye hi i have downloaded from Zyxels home page the latest Firmware and now my question is how do i update it? Because when i open the containing folder i have three files bin, pdf and rom. In the pdf theres just some information about what is new in the update and so on, but how do i open the two other files, i mean they are too small to be burned on a disk!!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You perform the firmware update from within the router's web user interface. Log into the router and there should be a option under one of the menus to upload new firmware to the unit.

3. Register3D

Register3D Thread Starter

Well there the problem becomes reality, i cant press anything once i have logged in to my ip address..?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not sure what you mean by "logged in to my ip address." If you mean that you have successfully logged into the router but then it does not respond, reset the router to factory default settings and try again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!